Skip to main content

Spaghetti stirfry, stirfry spaghetti????

Okay, so I interchange the name, depends on whichever comes to mind. spaghetti stirfry,stirfry spaghetti. this particular stirfry is a curry based veggie meal, I like it because its colorful and tasty and you can substitute just about any other veggie/meat/seafood if you get bored with one style of cooking it. Its also crunchy and interesting to eat....wide grin! In addition, you are assured of eating a good helping of veggies with your pasta. I bet a lot of people have tried this meal or something similar, I decided to put it on my blog when friends began to ask about the ingredients that made it so colourful.

Ingredients (please note that you can substitute with similar ingredients depending on your preference)

One packet of Spaghetti
1/2 of large can sweetcorn
2 large red bell peppers
1 large onion
2 large green peppers
 one bunch of spring onions
3 large carrots
a cup of raw peas(steamed) or a small can of peas
a cup of cooked chicken/meat/shrimps
crushed ginger and garlic (one teaspoon)
1 tablespoon of curry
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
3 large bayleaves
4  small seasoning cubes
2 tablespoons of chicken/beefstock
pinch of salt to taste


Procedure
Boil some water ,salt it a bit and pour the spaghetti into it.cook it till its al-dente(chewy but not soft).To achieve this, Stir occasionally to prevent the strands from sticking (clumping). boil for 6-8 minutes and drain the water, set it aside and work on the veggie mixture. you can run some cold water over the pasta while its draining,this will help rinse out some of the excess starch.


In a pan,add some oil or butter, add the grated ginger and garlic ,fry the onions and then add the carrots, the chicken or meat,and other ingredients.the peppers go in last to retain the colour and crunch. Add some beef/chicken stock to the mixture and the curry,thyme and some bayleaves.mix it and allow the ingredients to soak up the curry flavor. Allow to simmer for some minutes and pour in the cooked spaghetti, mix it evenly,ensuring that the mixture blends with the spaghetti properly. Remove the bayleaves and serve.

Note: Other veggies that work with this recipe are celery,mushrooms,cabbage.

Comments

  1. U are an answer to a prayer for real! This is lovely, can't wait to try it out!ICU!
    Adehoney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolstuff Ronke. Welldone and keep it up. Sola.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cinnamon Plantain fritters

This is my first blog post in 2020, should I say, having an Instagram account has boycotted my blogging? It takes conscious effort to blog when most followers are so active on Instagram and engage directly with posts, but I wont forget my cute blog. Love you forever bloggie, for the times you were great company during all my maternity leave experiences.                   Its been a lockdown period globally because of Covid-19 and I trust you are all keeping safe. Remember, God is our refuge, our very present help in time of need. This too shall pass. This lockdown came with all sorts of cravings for my family members, starting with me,the head chef,haha. Today's snack was prepared within few minutes. You can name it plantain fritters. I think I have a very old blogpost called plantain puffs which is very similar to what i made today. So just before you throw away your overripe plantain, think about this recipe and make a sweet ...

A twist to the Arab "Hummus" using Ewa oloyin."EWAMUS"

Hummus is an Arab spread or dip made from chickpeas and olive oil ,lemon juice,salt and garlic. I had an idea to make a dip like that but from a specie of beans called "Ewa Oloyin". This beans is so scarce in Abuja where I live and I usually wait for my mum to send it to me from Ibadan. Some people claim that they sell it but when I taste it, its not as sweet as what I grew up eating (not a big fan of beans though,lol). I finally met a woman at the market who said hers was the original, I bought just a little to be sure of its taste,well it was actually the beans I know. Enough of the stories.lets cook Here's to The New Nigerian Cookery, I am identifying with a serious Nigerian culinary expert who runs Dooney's Kitchen who is so creative with cooking. She also puts a twist to meals and they rock!When this idea dropped, I said 'yasssss' ,this is dedicated to the New Nigerian Cookery. You'll need 2 cups of beans,sorted and cooked (I prefer using ...

Preserving Green leafy Vegetables by freezing

Today, I am writing about preserving green leafy vegetables. Sometimes, people are unsure if  freezing of leaves reduce the freshness when prepared. After experimenting, I suggest that leaves can be frozen till you're ready to cook. I used Ewedu and Spinach for the latest experiment. I cant resist giving you a quick background on Ewedu Leaf before I discuss its preservation. Ewedu leaf ,for those who dont kow it ,is the local name for the Genus Corchorus . Different common names are used in different contexts, with  the name "jute"  applying to the fibre produced from the plant, 'Mallow-Leaves" for the leaves used as a vegetable. On a lighter note, a friend's 3year old daughter asked for the English name of Ewedu  and her mum put it up on facebook,asking for answers.  she did get  many hilarious answers (you'd understand this better if you are from an ewedu eating background) well, I suggested the english name "we-do"!  Corchorus...