Skip to main content

Curry chicken

This recipe is common to different countries and they all have different ways of preparing it. my Guyanese friend Remi says its called 'curried chicken/chicken curry' in her country Guyana, where the chicken is cooked in the curry sauce. Indians also have a number of sauces cooked in a rich curry base.I remember an Indian classmate,prachee, who cooked one of those delicious sauces, I think it was called chicken garam marsala.....hmmn, I need to confirm that.
the recipe I am adding is quite easy and faster to prepare
 if you have precooked ingredients like hard boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, cooked chicken.
 Ingredients





  • 2 large carrots,diced or cut in thin strips, one large green pepper,chopped, 2 cloves of garlic,crushed,2 chicken breasts,well spiced and cooked,chicken stock(3 tablespoons),one chicken stock cube or one tablespoon of adobo, one large red bell pepper,6 medium sized boiled potatoes,3 hard boiled eggs,2 tablespoons of corn flour/corn starch,one spring onion or shallot,3 tablespoons of curry, a knob of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil,one teaspoon of thyme,5 tablespoons of water






  • Procedure

    Melt the butter and combine the olive oil in a pan(You could use butter only),stirfry the cooked chicken until it soaks up the butter/oil flavour, add the shallots or spring onions,crushed garlic (be careful not to let the garlic burn), bell peppers,green pepper,stir fry for a while, add the stockcubes and chicken stock,thyme,curry and allow to simmer.in another bowl, put the cornstarch and add the water,mix until it forms a smooth paste, add the paste into the stirfry and allow to simmer, add water gradually if it becomes too thick. peel the hard boiled eggs and drop into the mixture,ad the whole cooked potatoes too, on low heat,allow to simmer,season to taste especially after the sauce is thickened to your desired consistency

    Note; it tastes great served with basmati rice or thai rice. I also eat it as a soup with french bread/rolls. i guess you can add other veggies that you may be comfortable with, for example, cabbage. Bon appetit!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Cinnamon Plantain fritters

    This is my first blog post in 2020, should I say, having an Instagram account has boycotted my blogging? It takes conscious effort to blog when most followers are so active on Instagram and engage directly with posts, but I wont forget my cute blog. Love you forever bloggie, for the times you were great company during all my maternity leave experiences.                   Its been a lockdown period globally because of Covid-19 and I trust you are all keeping safe. Remember, God is our refuge, our very present help in time of need. This too shall pass. This lockdown came with all sorts of cravings for my family members, starting with me,the head chef,haha. Today's snack was prepared within few minutes. You can name it plantain fritters. I think I have a very old blogpost called plantain puffs which is very similar to what i made today. So just before you throw away your overripe plantain, think about this recipe and make a sweet ...

    A twist to the Arab "Hummus" using Ewa oloyin."EWAMUS"

    Hummus is an Arab spread or dip made from chickpeas and olive oil ,lemon juice,salt and garlic. I had an idea to make a dip like that but from a specie of beans called "Ewa Oloyin". This beans is so scarce in Abuja where I live and I usually wait for my mum to send it to me from Ibadan. Some people claim that they sell it but when I taste it, its not as sweet as what I grew up eating (not a big fan of beans though,lol). I finally met a woman at the market who said hers was the original, I bought just a little to be sure of its taste,well it was actually the beans I know. Enough of the stories.lets cook Here's to The New Nigerian Cookery, I am identifying with a serious Nigerian culinary expert who runs Dooney's Kitchen who is so creative with cooking. She also puts a twist to meals and they rock!When this idea dropped, I said 'yasssss' ,this is dedicated to the New Nigerian Cookery. You'll need 2 cups of beans,sorted and cooked (I prefer using ...

    Preserving Green leafy Vegetables by freezing

    Today, I am writing about preserving green leafy vegetables. Sometimes, people are unsure if  freezing of leaves reduce the freshness when prepared. After experimenting, I suggest that leaves can be frozen till you're ready to cook. I used Ewedu and Spinach for the latest experiment. I cant resist giving you a quick background on Ewedu Leaf before I discuss its preservation. Ewedu leaf ,for those who dont kow it ,is the local name for the Genus Corchorus . Different common names are used in different contexts, with  the name "jute"  applying to the fibre produced from the plant, 'Mallow-Leaves" for the leaves used as a vegetable. On a lighter note, a friend's 3year old daughter asked for the English name of Ewedu  and her mum put it up on facebook,asking for answers.  she did get  many hilarious answers (you'd understand this better if you are from an ewedu eating background) well, I suggested the english name "we-do"!  Corchorus...