Skip to main content

Chicken Balls

Before I made this snack/meal, I was used to eating meatballs. I thought this would be nice for a change. its pretty easy and you can tweak it to suit your taste buds.

You'll need
  • 1 Pound Minced/ground chicken
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • some chopped fresh parsely
  • 1 tablespoon garlic salt
  • 1 tablesppon of soy sauce (optional...if you like the asian twist)
  • 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
  •  1 small green pepper,finely diced,
  • 1/4 cup of celery finely chopped(optional)
  • Bread crumbs
  • Vegetable oil for frying
Lets cook

Mix all the ingredients together. be careful not to make it spicy.spicing ground meats can be tricky. when youre done mixing, add about a tablespoon of the breadcrumbs to the mixture to help bind it. and leave the rest for the dredging.



 Roll  the chicken balls into the size of a tennis or golf ball ,as you like.roll in breadcrumbs, or dredge in lightly beaten egg before the breadcrumbs if you would.


 Fry lightly on each side for about three minutes. sprinkle some fresh parsely over it and serve with your favourite sauce. I used some left over tomato-pepper cornedbeef sauce. They go well served in a burger bun, with pasta or in steamed cabbage leaves.


 Bon Apetit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinnamon Plantain fritters

This is my first blog post in 2020, should I say, having an Instagram account has boycotted my blogging? It takes conscious effort to blog when most followers are so active on Instagram and engage directly with posts, but I wont forget my cute blog. Love you forever bloggie, for the times you were great company during all my maternity leave experiences.                   Its been a lockdown period globally because of Covid-19 and I trust you are all keeping safe. Remember, God is our refuge, our very present help in time of need. This too shall pass. This lockdown came with all sorts of cravings for my family members, starting with me,the head chef,haha. Today's snack was prepared within few minutes. You can name it plantain fritters. I think I have a very old blogpost called plantain puffs which is very similar to what i made today. So just before you throw away your overripe plantain, think about this recipe and make a sweet ...

A twist to the Arab "Hummus" using Ewa oloyin."EWAMUS"

Hummus is an Arab spread or dip made from chickpeas and olive oil ,lemon juice,salt and garlic. I had an idea to make a dip like that but from a specie of beans called "Ewa Oloyin". This beans is so scarce in Abuja where I live and I usually wait for my mum to send it to me from Ibadan. Some people claim that they sell it but when I taste it, its not as sweet as what I grew up eating (not a big fan of beans though,lol). I finally met a woman at the market who said hers was the original, I bought just a little to be sure of its taste,well it was actually the beans I know. Enough of the stories.lets cook Here's to The New Nigerian Cookery, I am identifying with a serious Nigerian culinary expert who runs Dooney's Kitchen who is so creative with cooking. She also puts a twist to meals and they rock!When this idea dropped, I said 'yasssss' ,this is dedicated to the New Nigerian Cookery. You'll need 2 cups of beans,sorted and cooked (I prefer using ...

Preserving Green leafy Vegetables by freezing

Today, I am writing about preserving green leafy vegetables. Sometimes, people are unsure if  freezing of leaves reduce the freshness when prepared. After experimenting, I suggest that leaves can be frozen till you're ready to cook. I used Ewedu and Spinach for the latest experiment. I cant resist giving you a quick background on Ewedu Leaf before I discuss its preservation. Ewedu leaf ,for those who dont kow it ,is the local name for the Genus Corchorus . Different common names are used in different contexts, with  the name "jute"  applying to the fibre produced from the plant, 'Mallow-Leaves" for the leaves used as a vegetable. On a lighter note, a friend's 3year old daughter asked for the English name of Ewedu  and her mum put it up on facebook,asking for answers.  she did get  many hilarious answers (you'd understand this better if you are from an ewedu eating background) well, I suggested the english name "we-do"!  Corchorus...