Skip to main content

Meatloaf!!!

Grilling/Baking is one cheat move for me against frying. yes sometimes,some foods just have to be fried to get that taste.But really,id rather set the timer to the oven and come back to check it when my food is done,than keep coming back to the fryer or pan on the burner flipping fried foods. Asides this reason,its a healthier option to grill or bake compared with Frying.

Enough said. this recipe is for making meatloaf,my replacement for meatballs sometimes. 

You'll need
  • 1pound minced meat,(16 ounces/2-2.5 cups of minced meat)
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs,
  • 1egg,lightly beaten
  • parsley(chopped), 1 small onion chopped
  • spices(black pepper,curry,garlic salt,mixed herbs,stock cubes),
  • 1/3 cup of ketchup! save some for spreading on the loaf.
  •  Optional : 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, garlic salt (its one of my favourite spices, brings out a lovely flavour) , 1/2 cup of milk
Directions: Mix all ingredients together like you would meatballs,(be careful with the spices,you'll want to season to your taste by eye-balling the measurement of the spice)place in a 'lightly greased' baking dish and bake at 200degrees for30mins or 175 degrees for 40mins Or put a knife through it to know if it's thoroughly cooked,but before it's almost done,brush some more ketchup on the surface and allow to finish baking!Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing it. Serve with pasta, in a burger bun, or with roasted or mashed potatoes for best results! yum!

Meatloaf in raw form after mixing

Meatloaf almost cooked

Meatloaf done! Yum!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cinnamon Plantain fritters

This is my first blog post in 2020, should I say, having an Instagram account has boycotted my blogging? It takes conscious effort to blog when most followers are so active on Instagram and engage directly with posts, but I wont forget my cute blog. Love you forever bloggie, for the times you were great company during all my maternity leave experiences.                   Its been a lockdown period globally because of Covid-19 and I trust you are all keeping safe. Remember, God is our refuge, our very present help in time of need. This too shall pass. This lockdown came with all sorts of cravings for my family members, starting with me,the head chef,haha. Today's snack was prepared within few minutes. You can name it plantain fritters. I think I have a very old blogpost called plantain puffs which is very similar to what i made today. So just before you throw away your overripe plantain, think about this recipe and make a sweet ...

A twist to the Arab "Hummus" using Ewa oloyin."EWAMUS"

Hummus is an Arab spread or dip made from chickpeas and olive oil ,lemon juice,salt and garlic. I had an idea to make a dip like that but from a specie of beans called "Ewa Oloyin". This beans is so scarce in Abuja where I live and I usually wait for my mum to send it to me from Ibadan. Some people claim that they sell it but when I taste it, its not as sweet as what I grew up eating (not a big fan of beans though,lol). I finally met a woman at the market who said hers was the original, I bought just a little to be sure of its taste,well it was actually the beans I know. Enough of the stories.lets cook Here's to The New Nigerian Cookery, I am identifying with a serious Nigerian culinary expert who runs Dooney's Kitchen who is so creative with cooking. She also puts a twist to meals and they rock!When this idea dropped, I said 'yasssss' ,this is dedicated to the New Nigerian Cookery. You'll need 2 cups of beans,sorted and cooked (I prefer using ...

Preserving Green leafy Vegetables by freezing

Today, I am writing about preserving green leafy vegetables. Sometimes, people are unsure if  freezing of leaves reduce the freshness when prepared. After experimenting, I suggest that leaves can be frozen till you're ready to cook. I used Ewedu and Spinach for the latest experiment. I cant resist giving you a quick background on Ewedu Leaf before I discuss its preservation. Ewedu leaf ,for those who dont kow it ,is the local name for the Genus Corchorus . Different common names are used in different contexts, with  the name "jute"  applying to the fibre produced from the plant, 'Mallow-Leaves" for the leaves used as a vegetable. On a lighter note, a friend's 3year old daughter asked for the English name of Ewedu  and her mum put it up on facebook,asking for answers.  she did get  many hilarious answers (you'd understand this better if you are from an ewedu eating background) well, I suggested the english name "we-do"!  Corchorus...