Beef stew! first thing that comes to mind if we share nationality is our tomato and pepper base fried stew with beef in it. Well this isn't the Nigerian beef stew but it does taste yummy and is a winner for kids meals.
- boneless beef ,cubed or diced in semi big pieces
- 8 baby carrots or 4 large carrots sliced in sticks
- 4 large boiled potatoes,quartered/halved
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 green pepper
- 3 serving spoons of beef stock/broth
- seasoning to taste: i teaspoon thyme,1 teaspoon dried parsely,1 teaspoon ground garlic+ginger
- one large onion and/or spring onion/shallots
- 2 tablespoons of Cornstarch/corn flour dissolved in 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of oil and a teaspoon of butter.
- one cup of fresh/frozen peas
- Season the beef with the ginger and garlic,pinch of salt.Boil till its cooked and drain the stock/broth,then set aside.
- In a non stick pot, add some oil and butter, fry the onions and the beef, add the thyme ,parsley bay leaves ,add the beef stock/broth and stir, add the carrots,potatoes,green bell pepper,peas.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water and add to the pot, this helps to thicken the stew to your desired consistency. remember to remove the bay leaves before serving.
This can be served with steamed white rice, or eaten with fresh bread rolls or anyhow you like it. Just enjoy!