Its yam and liversauce. really easy! I added it to the "best of Naija" series because yam is one of the foods a Nigerian will cook and eat any-day,sometimes with just salted palm-oil/vegetable oil and nothing else.
For the sauce:
- boiled cow liver,kidney(optional) diced
- Two large green pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- already blended tomatoes,tatashe(red bell pepper) ata rodo (habanero) and onions
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of palm oil for its flavour(very optional)
- one large onion,chopped
- garlic and ginger,crushed/grated
- Boil the pepper and tomato paste till the water dries and set aside
- In another pan/pot, fry the onions, green pepper,red pepper,ginger and garlic(never cook without those.....wide grin) and add your tomato/pepper paste,add seasoning to taste. add the already cooked and diced liver pieces.allow to simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
Serve with boiled or fried yam,you can also serve with rice,sweet potatoes or Irish potatoes.