- In a wide bowl, whisk eggs, add the cream and pinch of salt.
- Spread the bread with peanut butter and arrange banana slices on it,
- Cover the banana layer with another slice of bread,add some chocolate chips if you are including it in the recipe, remove the crust around the bread and pinch the edges to sort of seal the sandwich.
- Deep the bread into the egg mixture, allow it to soak and place the other side in the egg mixture
- Put some butter in the non stick pan, heat it a bit and cook the sandwich on one side for about two minutes, cook the other side for another two minutes. Cut the sandwich in half, garnish with banana slices and some chocolate chips and maple syrup, dust some confectioners’ sugar on it.
PCV is simply the 'packed cell volume'- the percentage or volume of red blood cells (erythrocytes) in the blood!
Sometimes the percentage is relatively low in children due to different reasons, it could be due to eating a diet deficient in iron, folic acid and vitamin b12.
To avoid anaemia,its important to top up your PCV. How?you may ask, Thankfully,there are natural foods that help to ensure the PCV is at the appropriate level. Because my area of interest is child nutrition and cooking, this blog will not only identify PCV boosters but also give ideas about how to creatively incorporate them into kids meals,especially picky eaters.
Without making this blog as complex as a thesis,ill list my top 3 favourite natural foods high in iron.
1)Pumpkin Leaves: Locally known as Ugwu leaves,in igbo language,these leaves are very high in iron and can be used to cure anaemia.it can be prepared as soup,juice or…