- Boiled yam/some Irish potatoes
Just before frying
- One egg
- red and green bell peppers
- minced meat
- garlic powder
- some butter
- saute some garlic and onions and add the minced meat, break it up with the spoon and some seasoning,let it cook till its no longer pink.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and sautee for a bit(drain the excess oil if any),add the garlic powder also and allow to simmer, set aside.
- mash your boiled yam and add the minced meat mixture,a knob of butter,part of the egg.
- Form into balls and refrigerate for about 20 minutes to allow firm up
- make your dredging station...pour breadcrumbs in one plate,and beat an egg in another plate.
- Heat some oil, put the yam ball in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs and fry till golden brown,drain on paper towels and serve with a sauce.
|Crispy on the outside,moist and soft on the inside|